The city of Maple Valley, located in South King County, is a commuter town.
The area now known as Maple Valley, was settled in 1879 by three men who were improving a trail and their families. When a name for a future community was proposed, the names Vine Maple Valley and Maple Ridge were suggested. Vine Maple Valley won by 2/3, but the post office later cut the word “Vine” because it made the name too long.
Maple Valley’s early history mainly had to do with coal, lumber milling to build homes, and a railroad that ran through town. Coal was brought in from Black Diamond to the south, but the town itself also mined coal from Cedar Mountain. The mine was operational up until 1947.
Maple Valley was incorporated as a city into King County, on August 31, 1997.
Maple Valley, WA Real Estate
There are a wide variety of single family homes in Maple Valley. As of October, 2022 the median home price in Maple VAlley, WA is $680,000.
Redfin describes the Maple Valley Housing Market as “somewhat competitive.”
Notable Maple Valley, WA Neighborhoods include:
- Wilderness Village
- Arbors at Rock Creek
- Cherokee Bay Park
Living in Maple Valley, WA
K-12 students living in Maple Valley are served by the Tahoma School District. Maple Valley students attend these schools:
- Cedar River
- Glacier Park
- Lake Wilderness
- Rock Creek
- Shadow Lake
- Tahoma Elementary
- Maple View
- Summit Trail
- Tahoma High School
There are many great healthcare options in and around Maple Valley. These options include:
- MultiCare Maple Valley Clinic
- Maple Valley Clinic – Primary Care – Valley Medical Center
- Valley Medical Clinic
- MultiCare Covington Medical Center
With its prime location. There are many fun things to do in and around Maple Valley including:
- The Gnomes Trail is a great place to take the whole family. This easy “hike” is 0.7 miles long and takes about 17 minutes to complete. It will enrich your imagination as you spot the gnomes along the trail.
- The Maple Valley Farmers Market runs throughout the summer months. In the Fall they have a Harvest Market and in December they have a Holiday Market.
- The Lake Wilderness Arboretum is a great place to go and take in the natural beauty of Washington.
- Lake Wilderness Park has a lot of activities for the whole family to enjoy. There are walking paths, tennis courts, covered picnic shelters, a massive playground, & a boat launch to name a few.
Looking for more information on moving to Maple Valley? Call us, Shane Lewandowski 253.617.5921 & Lori Lewandowski, at 253.617.5922 or send your inquiries via email to LoriLewandowski@gmail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Put your home search in the hands of a team with over 28 years of experience as real estate agents!