Gig Harbor is a city nestled on a bay sharing the same name along the shores of Puget Sound in Pierce County, Washington. It is nicknamed “The Maritime City,” and is one of several communities that serve as a gateway to the Olympic Peninsula.
Home to more than 12,029 residents, Gig Harbor offers easy access to a wealth of scenic outdoor destinations, including state and city parks and a picturesque waterfront lined with an array of shops and dining venues. It is a city that’s proud of its rich maritime history, which dates back to its roots as a fishing village in the late 1800s.
Today, Gig Harbor offers a high quality of life for residents of all ages and is considered one of the most picturesque small cities throughout the country. Residents, as well as visitors, have plenty to enjoy in Gig Harbor, including its breathtaking coastal scenery, a plethora of unforgettable waterfront activities, and a safe, family-friendly environment ideal for anyone looking forward to a relaxing, laid-back lifestyle.
Did you know?
- The city of Gig Harbor maintains a strong connection to its historical roots in commercial fishing and boat building. While the fishing and boating industry played a significant role in the area’s development, Gig Harbor also served as a major agricultural center and a logging area for its early Native American inhabitants.
- Before the first Tacoma Narrows Bridge was constructed in the area in 1940, steamships were used as the primary mode of transportation between Gig Harbor and the nearby economic center of Tacoma.
- In the mid-1900s, many families from Tacoma were drawn to Gig Harbor’s tree-lined avenues and waterfront lots nestled along the scenic peninsula. The original summer cabins in the area were eventually converted into primary homes, and newer and larger developments started sprouting up throughout the peninsula.
Homes for sale in Gig Harbor, WA
Gig Harbor is known as one of the most affluent communities in Washington – there’s an array of enticing real estate options for prospective buyers looking forward to a luxurious and relaxing lifestyle right by the bay. A wide variety of property types are available here that can accommodate any type of requirement and preference, including single-family homes, condo and apartment complexes, townhomes, and more.
Homebuyers searching for the perfect harbor lifestyle will definitely feel right at home in Gig Harbor, as the community features many homes equipped with a range of features that take advantage of the city’s prime waterfront location. You’ll be able to find many homes with living rooms highlighted by tranquil views of the water, waterfront guest rooms, expansive sun decks and balconies, covered patios and BBQ areas overlooking the bay, dock access, and many more.
Many homes for sale in Gig Harbor are also conveniently located close to restaurants, shops, parks, the historic downtown area, and other great attractions and destinations.
Living in Gig Harbor, WA
- Public schools in Gig Harbor are served by the Peninsula School District, one of the top-ranked school districts in the state. According to GreatSchools.org, some of the best schools in the area are Discovery Elementary School, Gig Harbor High School, Peninsula High School, and Voyager Elementary School.
- Gig Harbor is one of the highest in the U.S. in terms of educational attainment with 48.32% of its 25-and-older adult population holding at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Residents of Gig Harbor have plenty of fun citywide events to look forward to each year, including the Gig Harbor Paddler’s Cup and Expo, the Gig Harbor Beer Festival, Maritime Gig Weekend, the Gig Harbor Summer Arts Festival, the Gig Harbor Film Festival, and many more.
- Gig Harbor’s walkable waterfront is lined with a colorful array of downtown shops, art galleries, and delicious dining destinations. In addition to its picturesque waterfront area, another great shopping venue is Uptown Gig Harbor, which features a combination of national retailers and local merchants offering the latest fashion trends, stylish décor, and other interesting finds.
Work with me, Lori Lewandowski, today to find the perfect home in Gig Harbor, WA! I am a full-time and full-service real estate agent with over 38 years of experience in real estate, consistently ranking in the top 1% in sales year after year. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a more capable professional who can help you towards your real estate goals!
Call now to inquire about housing options, learn more about the community, get detailed in-depth information on community resources and facilities, or discuss related concerns.
You can also view other exceptional housing options in other fine WA communities such as Dupont, Fircrest, and Spanaway.
Get in touch with me today at 253.617.5922, or send me an email at email@example.com.